Lancashire Catering - School Lunches
We have our school lunches catered through Lancashire Catering on site. We provide the menu to parents twice a year and children order their choices each day. Lancashire Catering prides itself on their sustainability and locally sources menu and products. They have many national and local accolades.
The School are using the service providers Fresher+ Menu this has achieved Silver Award from the Soil Association Food For Life.
The Catering mark is based on the principles that food should be fresh, local, seasonal and better for animal welfare. It means food is freshly prepared using ingredients which are free from harmful additives and also meets the target for the use of organically grown ingredients.
This is a fantastic step to improving the health of the people and children of Lancashire.
With the School Food Plan laying the ground for sustained improvements to school meals, pressure is on schools and local authorities to increase meal take up and quality. This Catering Mark means that parents will continue to have assurance that the food that is used in this schools meets the school food standards.
The standard involves meeting auditable targets like:
• Local food from local suppliers. The yoghurts we buy are from Longridge, free range eggs from Leyland, beef and poultry from Lancashire and, when in season, fresh vegetables from Lancashire. Beef burgers, pork sausages, raw and cooked meats from Booths.
• Meals contain no undesirable food additives or Trans fats
• Over 80% of our dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients
• All fresh and cooked meat and poultry products satisfy UK farm assurance standards
• Use of organic produce such as rice, pasta, flour and milk
• Eggs are free range
• No genetically modified (GM) ingredients are used